Monday 2 June 2008

Hi,

There are a few weeks off until next market day which is a blessing in disguise, there is alot of research to do for the internet shop. I have come across so many great websites. I even found an Eco shop in the UK that has a Facebook profile, they had 422 friends! Incredible! Who would have thought?

I have also become a particular fan of blogs - especially the ones with lots of pictures! Black & Spiro in Brisbane have a lovely blog called absolutely beautiful things - I love seeing what amazing pictures Anna Spiro has loaded up! I can only aspire to have such an interesting blog! www.blackandspiro.com.au 

I have been trying to source products for my website that are not readily available in Australia & in doing my research I have found so many quality African products - so hard to choose!

I want to make sure that the products are fairly traded & that the craft has created employment for the people who really need it. That is the real motivation here & I want to bring these stories to you. Appreciating the beautiful hand crafted products means appreciating the story that goes with it. Its about celebrating what this product has brought to the people involved.

I am very excited about a delivery that I am collecting from the post office tomorrow. I will be loading up some photos to hopefully inspire you too. 


No comments: